St. Francis House and TAP Partnership
St. Francis House is partnered with the Transportation Alliance Project (TAP) to provide bus passes those experiencing homelessness living in shelters, “sleeping rough”, in treatment centers and recovery programs.
TAP is a pilot fare agreement program that allows the Arkansas Homeless Coalition to pay a flat monthly fee to METRO for a program total of 1,000 eligible riders on the METRO system. Riders will be vetted by the Coalition’s partner organizations participating in TAP and then referred to St. Francis House where TAP staffers get them registered, take their picture and give them their monthly bus pass at no cost. Eligible clients are referred from a variety of agencies below and those experiencing homelessness living in shelters, living on the streets, or in treatment centers and recovery programs.
To receive a TAP bus pass, you will need to get a referral from one of the participating agencies below and bring the paper referral with you to the TAP office at St. Francis House, 2701 South Elm Street, Little Rock, AR 72204.
The TAP Program office is open Monday-Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- For new bus passes, you will need to have a referral from one of the agencies listed below, along with your ID.
- For monthly renewals, we will require a new referral letter each month, along with your current TAP ID.
- TAP will issue you a “TAP ID” and you are responsible to keep up with it.
- If you lose your TAP ID, there is a $10 fee to issue a new one.
- TAP cannot replace a lost, misplaced, or stolen bus pass. No Exceptions.
- Once you find housing, you will need to inform TAP, so we can update your records.
If you have any questions, you may call St. Francis House at 501-664-5036 and ask for the TAP Program.
Jericho Way: 8 A.M. – 2 P.M.
3000 Springer Blvd, Little Rock, AR 72206
Our House: (Requires Orientation) and 3 classes
302 East Roosevelt Road, Little Rock, AR 72206
River City Ministries: Monday & Thursday (9 A.M. – 11 P.M.)
1021 East Washington Avenue, North Little Rock, AR 72115
Salvation Army: 8 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
1111 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72201